Friday, August 27, 2010

"Muffin to it!"

I saw this recipe for miniature deep dish pizzas in the most recent issue of Everyday Food Magazine.  It's so easy to do and a fun alternative to frozen pizzas or even homemade pizza.  The recipe's not online yet, so you'll need to pick up a copy to see it, but here's the gist of what I did. Also, Mike posted about this over at his blog yesterday.  Click here to see his post. 


Preheat oven to 450.  Take a store bought pizza dough and divide into 6 balls, then roll each piece out into 6" circles.  Brush the cups of a regular sized muffin pan with olive oil.  Add each circle of dough to the cups and press around the edges.  Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper to season.  Add a little bit of tomato sauce, any toppings you like, and top with cheese. 


Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until all cheese has melted.  Enjoy!  I made simple cheese pizzas last night, here's how they came out:
Pizzas before baking
After baking
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Those look really good! I never would of thought to make pizza from a muffin pan!

    (I found your blog from the NC knot board)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I could probably eat all 6 in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips