Friday, September 23, 2011

Dining Room Updates!

Our furniture for the dining room was delivered yesterday. I'm so excited to see this room start to come together. I had a hard time trying to narrow down the vision for this room, and I think it will be great when we finish.  Instead of choosing furniture that was overly formal, we're going for a French country elegance feel for the room. I think this fits our lifestyle and will mesh well with the rest of the house.

So, here are some pictures of our new furniture in the room. The curtains, wall color, wainscoting and wall decor will all be changed in the near future. ;) What's there now is what I put up after we moved in so it wouldn't feel so empty! Plus, these pictures were taken when it was dark, so the lighting is a little bit off.






These pictures were of the table without the leaf in it. With the leaf in, we can easily seat 8, which will be great! We got 6 side chairs for the table so that we can get two upholstered chairs for the ends. I'm currently searching to find the best chair for the job. Here are some of my favorites:
Gentry Chair
Ballard Designs, Gentry Chair:
 Natural Linen w/Black Finish
Gramercy Upholstered Chair
Ballard Designs, Gramercy Chair:
Microfiber Natural w/ Black Finish
Tufted-Back Dining Chair
Home Decorators, Tufted-Back
Dining Chair in Protege Haze
Becca Nailhead Dining Chair
Home Decorators, Becca Nailhead
Chair in Tufted Natural Linen

Restoration Hardware: Martine Arm Chair

Before we paint the walls and pick out the specific greige we want, I want to have our curtains picked out. I think a patterned fabric would be pretty. Here are some of the fabrics that I'm liking right now. I'm ordering some swatches so I can see what I like the best. I want this room to be mostly neutral (so we can decorate according to the season) but also subtly bring in some of the colors from elsewhere downstairs.  
      Dining room curtains?       

        Scroll pattern

Fullerton Collection by Duralee        Duralee 42055-619

So, we'll see what happens. I need to go look at fabric in person and hopefully I'll have an easier time finding what I want.  

That's what's been happening in our dining room over the last couple of days. I can't wait for it to be done (hopefully in time for the holidays!) so we can enjoy it! 

2 comments:

Blogging tips