Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and relaxing weekend. We had a really busy couple of days and I really enjoyed spending time with our families and friends. 

We hosted for our families on both sides and had 12 people for dinner on Thanksgiving. All of the food was really delicious and our turkey came out beautifully! I don't have many pictures from the meal because I was super busy preparing everything then eating.  But, here's what our turkey looked like before heading in the oven for 3+  hours.  I really wish I had a picture from afterwards, but oh well!


We had so much food. We started out the day with tons of appetizers. This included: bruschetta, crudite platter, spinach dip, stuffed mushrooms, and snacks.  I was really excited to put the spinach dip inside this super cute "Turkey Bread" from La Farm Bakery! 


For dessert, we had a lot of options too. I made an original cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake. It's a pumpkin cake with a whole layer of cheesecake in the middle. I can't wait to share more pictures and the recipe with you tomorrow!


I had worked on the tablescape for a few days leading up to Thanksgiving, so I had a lot of time to take pictures. I made flower arrangements inside pumpkins, inspired by pictures on Pinterest. 





Then, each person had a unique gourd with their place card on a napkin at their place setting. 



I also added mason jars with flowers, candles and more gourds to the table, to complete the look.




After dinner we even had some time to take some pictures for our Christmas card this year!  I can't wait to send the card out to our friends and family!!

Darcy's ready for Christmas!!!
We had a busy and fun rest of the weekend, but it was great. I hope everyone has a wonderful week this week!  I can't believe it's almost December!! 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Loved your tablescape! All the details really look great! Glad you had a nice time with family! I'm planning to host next year.. this year was just too chaotic for us.

    I can't believe it's almost December too.. where has this year gone? Seriously! :) I'm looking forward to sharing our first married Christmas together though.. should be nice.


    p.s. I feel like I've re-pinned all of your home pin's on Pinterest! ha! We have such similar taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Ripplefold Drapery

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips